Ashley has worked in the tech industry since the late 1990's. He's obsessed with new technology and it's implications for small and medium sized businesses.
Your current website designer is at best delivering just half of the service that your business needs to succeed.
You are being failed in 6 key areas:
- They don’t understand your business. Do you know exactly who your ideal clients and candidates are, where you stand in the market place and where you’re going next? Your website designer should!
- They don’t care enough about your brand. Your brand is more than just a logo, colours and fonts - it’s everything you communicate and do, online and offline.
- They don’t help you define a clear message. Your website needs to communicate your pitch, message and mission; if your designer doesn’t know it, your website will be aimless.
- They don’t understand that your website (by itself) won’t get clients. Your website is just one tool in your marketing tool box, without the other tools and the knowledge to use them it’s virtually useless.
- They don’t implement a lead magnet. Your website visitors need a reason to come to your website and leave their contact details. Or are you hoping they’ll remember you when they need you?
- Your website designer is winging it. They don’t have a scalable system for giving you the website, sales and marketing system you need.
Your website is just one part of your branding, marketing and sales strategy. If you make the mistake of treating it as a standalone entity it will never deliver the results you need to grow your business. A website designer that provides a complete marketing and sales solution is crucial to your success.
And how have I come to this conclusion? The points above accurately describes just about every website development firm I’ve ever met or worked for including Stratoworks (until recently). But 2 years ago I had a road to Damascus moment. I realised that I’d been letting down my clients and it led me to transform the way we do business. I hired one of the UK's best marketing experts as a consultant and developed a 5 step system that starts with gaining clarity around your business, your services and your ideal client and ends with a website that converts visitors into leads and a marketing plan to attract them in the first place.
I have been very impressed with the final results and have found the process easy and straight forwardSarah Seagar, Alan Mitchell Financial Recruitment
Telephone. 020 3920 9032